Sunday, August 08, 2004

Directness

Yesterday night, as I finished my terror activities on the class blog and continued to cruise freely on the information superhighway, I was suddenly alerted to the sound of sirens. I was accosted by two cops, and immediately they began their questioning. I started feeling really scared and intimidated as they were girls and usually I am very shy one. WAHAHA. Also, their tone at first sounded fairly threatening and I grew scared like a baby =( However, soon the conversation proceeded in a stately fashion and I began to converse more freely. Just when we were in the middle of discussing certain issues concerning the class, BANG. Technological difficulties severed me from the conversation. Unable to resume my connection, I went to sleep instead.

"WTF are you talking about Vic."

Oh. Actually, after blogging yesterday night, I had a brief conversation with Louisa and Eileen. At first I thought I had gotten myself in trouble due to my previous entries(which I have), but then soon the conversation resumed normally and continued to various issues but I was disconnected halfway.

Fine. I guess that was a much faster, more direct way of placing it. Indeed. I see the value being direct and to the point. Not only am I far more efficient in putting my point across(I saved at least three sentences worth of words), I am also able to allow others to understand my message more easily. It was indeed a valuable lesson I learned from the two girls, and I was requested to be more explicit and to get to the point much faster. Otherwise, I may irritate others with my sing-song way of writing.
I think to say that I admire the style of direct. The art of making the cut with great precision. To be upfront and not to swallow words. To proceed on the straightforward path and not to take detours before reaching the destination. I think I have displayed this admiration very well, for I have expressed great gratitude to Jason for telling GY off straight. Like "Please refrain from making unnecessary comments" and "CAN YOU STOP SHOVING OTHERS" And ah, who is to forget "I think Victor, you have misunderstood me" "If you need help seek the AJ counselling" and "Y=mx+c". Very upfront. Very admirable.

Yet you must forgive me for not being direct and to skirt the issue, to dance and prance about what my true message is before getting to the point. While it occasionally drives you all insane, I think when I blog, its more often for my own amusement. I find it funny to take a longer path, to talk more nonsense before coming to what I truly have to say.Indeed, directness is something I admire, but do not value. Also, there has to be someway that my entries reach 2000 words right? O_O So more often than not I will talk too much nonsense before I come to the point.

So pardon me my friends, if I have grated on your nerves with any of my exceedingly headache causing long entries and with my twists and loops. Also, I did not mean to offend anyone here with any of my *ahem* entries about scandals and what not, and all entries I have written is little more for entertainment value. I apologised if you feel even mildly offended in any way.