Monday, August 02, 2004

Monday Blues

Monday. What a foul, accursed word. The end to a surrealistic series of days of recreation. Then it is back for another five days worth of AJ. You know that even if I tried my utmost to replace the word AJ with substitutes like "crap" "shit" and what have you, "AJ" still sums it up so perfectly. But I am just rambling here. Many people are already complaining about the length of my entries. O_O I dunno. I can't please everyone can I. I am just in charge of writing. So I just go on and on until I finished what I have to say, even if it does span a few hundred words.
There was this really nice drizzle early in the morning, the type that makes you want to crawl back into your warm roost for another few hours more of valuable rest. Sadly, no one can afford that and there I was at 7:30, at block 4, waiting with Jolene for the rest of the class to appear. The chem venue had changed blah blah blah blah. Since I HAVE to keep this short right, I will have to keep this short and to the point, until it comes to the exciting parts.
Suffice to say, by like 8 we were all in the designated classroom, waiting for our replacement Chem tutor. Indeed Maggie Wong led a new relief teacher for this week, and when I saw him, I sighed with great sorrow for our class and pity for this new teacher. For one, I sighed with sorrow as he appeared to be a greenhorn. Fresh. Young. Probably just out of university not too long ago. With a lack of credible experiences under his belt, it is most unlikely that he will do a good job. Let us pray he does, as many have dropped Physics and Chem is their final hope. I sighed with pity as I realized that being a new teacher, with that smooth shaved baby face, and that look of an unspoiled new teacher with all those ideals, our class will have very little respect for him. He will be completely destroyed at the end of 3 months at AJ. Just like all teachers were. Full of ideals. Then all ruined. In a flaming spectacle.
I am rambling AGAIN! So anyway the whole class was of course causing a ruckus because Mr Tan was relatively new. We were all ultra hyperactive and were dancing around. Mr Tan then got the guys to go up and do some questions about the organic chem introduction thing. Always eager to make first impressions, I rushed up and finished two quickly. However, as I was doing my work, my attention was soon drawn to a VERY annoying presence( U NOE HU RIGHT?) standing at the whiteboard. Sorry. I was in a seriously pissed off mood because I didn't want to take anymore of his bullshit so early in the morning. I was suffering from the typical case of Monday's Blues, and the last thing I needed was listening to someone shouting commands and making comments that are of seriously no consequence. I felt particularly angry as I was doing my question on the board and he was standing there "NO LAH! That one is wrong! I am RIGHT! NO LAH YANHAN. THAT IS WRONG LAH! OMG VICTOR. That ORGANIC CHAIN IS SO WRONG. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS! PLEASE LAR. YOU BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAINLEEEESS one is it" Back at the table he was also busy spamming unnecessary comments. I was busy suppressing my rage as I was already in a very bad mood. I had no need to take this shit. Suddenly, I felt like I was an angry villain and I hated him ten times more than before. Chris Ben and I were eyeing each other with that "GOD LETS STRANGLE HIM NOW" look. It was truly very tempting. Chris was doing that middle finger thing. Sigh.
So, I started to replying to his comments in a tone of barely concealed rage. My voice rose in its volume. And those who have heard me BOOM=( will realize that I can reach pretty high decibels. I just wanted to do my organic chem. I didn't care whether I was wrong. The teacher will correct me for goodness sake. The time I broke was when he was looking at my answer on the board and he wasn't really contributing and he started going,"VICTOR. WHY YOU NEVER HYPHEN YOUR BU-2-ENE? WHY?" I went batshit insane and started shouting or something,"OMG! I NEVER HYPHEN! I ALSO DON'T GIVE A SHIT." I think that sorta gave him the hint to just STFU. Add that to how Boss's frank comments to "Please refrain from generating unnecessary comments GY". No I am not infatuated with Boss but I find him interesting as he probably is the most direct in terms of tackling GY. It is an admirable attitude compared to mine which is a style of subterfuge and sneaky tricks.

Enough about him for now then. So anyway Mr Tan is most likely cannot make it. Of course he is more approachable in terms of questions. The girls were all pushing questions to him by the dozen. Eh you all have sly ideas issit? WANT TO KNOW HIM MORE ISSIT? But never mind lah. We shall break him. So anyway we shall just proceed to our next interesting event. Not in chronological order of course.

Physics tutorial. CCM was in his element once again. Hahaha. He pretty much converted a Physics lesson into a Civics one. Our physics lessons are sorta pathetic now. When I saw Eileen and Kelvin break free from the four subjects thing, my stomach lurched. Oh, how I long for the incredible freedom! Of course, the three free periods on Tuesday is not so great but it is still better. I think only slightly more than half the class remains. By next year, there will be EVEN less left. Perhaps I might not even be there anymore. Perhaps. No I am not a mugger. WHO SAID I WAS. But anyway, during Physics tutorial I was lazing around with my TYS on my paper. My dear friend was sitting in front of me when he turned around to stare at me with those hawk eyes. He snapped,"Give me your TYS. You can share with Qinghao." before he snatched my precious TYS away. All right. Maybe it was not so precious after all. But certainly, one can do better than to just bark out a line usually given by robbers cutthroats and muggers(no not the study type. the stealing type). So I was there, shocked by this. Chris immediately performed that middle finger roll which I once again found highly amusing. I think even Qinghao was surprised by how RUDE the snatching of the TYS was. Trust me, a simple "Hey Vic, mind if I borrow your TYS? You can share with Qinghao. Please?" would warrant me immediately leaving my TYS in his hands. Sometimes, asking nicely works. So try first.

After Physics tutorial, he decided to be funny once again and when I kindly asked for the return of my TYS, he flung it backwards over his head. WOW. That was truly a smart and amusing gesture! I once again felt the anger coursing through my veins. Its the Monday blues people, the Monday blues. Not my fault. I immediately let loose a bunch of curse words like "F*** YOU F*** YOU" I am sorry if I have traumatized any delicate ears. Considering our class consists of the female majority, that may have happened, especially with Shiyin who was in such close proximity those this highly exciting event. But again, I doubt it. You girls are probably used to this. But just in case, I apologise. However, if your TYS is snatched then thrown back at you to see whether it is fun, you may unknowingly used THAT word. I swear I heard one(no. I think more) of you all use it. =D Great. I may slowly warp my writing style to incorporate usage of vulgar language. Nah. Or the mods may practise censorship and I shall never blog again =(

I think he is getting the hint already people. We can perhaps start treating him abit nicer. Because after Physics tutorial he suddenly changed very quickly. First, at lunch he was once again a nice person. Keeping quiet(most of the time. Boss was once again saying:"PLease stop making unnecessary comments) . Buying drinks. And he had to make the runs twice to get more drinks. I suspect he may already be changing. In fact at that time I was thinking to myself "Ah. At last. He has gotten the hint. We have succeeded. He can be successfully integrated into the gang." Oh btw currently in class the guys are cliqued like this: You are either GY. Or you are not GY. There are only two cliques currently existing. It is of course in our greatest interests to fuse these two into one though that will require abit more effort on his part. Because right after that on our way back, he decided to punch and kick Ben abit as Ben was busy singing some stupid song. Now Ben can be annoying but at least he is annoying in the right way and HE IS NOT USING PHYSICAL VIOLENCE. I liked Ben's typical response. He will always say,"What you want sia," then retaliate. Yar. Truly GY. What you want sia? Actually Ben, don't retaliate. He thinks it is CUTE.

So what else. Oh while waiting for PW there was some arm wrestling action going on. Liwen WON. However she mentioned something about GY letting her win and that GY was changing for the better. Well Liwen, I also thought GY was changing for the better a few weeks ago. But why oh WHY did he have to annoy everyone with all that pushing and beating? We can try treating him better, try and accept him abit more, but if he keeps up that pompous, self righteous attitude hes still in for it.

Of course, during PW I noticed a saddening scenario. GY was alone at his PW table. The girls had left for Cai Shan's group, and Ben had went to Yanny. GY was left all alone, and I doubt he will have felt accepted by joining Cai Shan or by joining Yanny. He was there looking so forlorn, so abandoned....so..lonely. And from that look on his face I think there is a sudden comprehension that his attitude needs a revamp. A quick conversation with some of his Ex-NPCC mates revealed that he was also quite annoying in TCHS. Yet, how could I blame his PW group? Some snooping here and there revealed that despite his apparent energy in contributing to the group's project, he has been fairly slow in delivering on his promises. I have no idea my friends. This situation is tricky indeed. I am suddenly very reminded of an EXACT situation last year where one guy was ostracized the whole year. I can imagine myself in his shoes and I shudder. Is it right for us to do this? Yet, if he does not choose to change himself, who can help him? I really do not know.

Argh. Monday blues.

NEW SECTION FOR THOSE TOO LAZY TO READ THE WHOLE THING:
Basically in the above entry I detailed the interesting happenings in Chem tutorial, physics tutorial and also in PW. As you can guess it once again centres on my good friend. There is also a lot of rambling. If you are too lazy to read the above please read this small section. But WHERES THE FUN IN THIS?? Go read the long one, lazybones.