The search for a class theme song
Now, usually I am a pretty conscientious blogger. Oh sure, self flattery you say. Not really. It can be seen from the sheer length of entries that I probably devote more time to this nonsense than anyone else. Most of the time I try to maintain a high level of showmanship as it is possibly the reason behind my blogging....a performance. As a result I tend to avoid generally bad habits people use while blogging. For example, the inclusion of answers to some quiz you found at quizilla.com. While you may find it extremely exciting that you are actually some form of unicorn reborn or that you are actually Dingly Dinglewood in the Harry Potter universe, most people do not really seem to bother. But wait, who actually bothers about your life also? If they do not, why are they reading your blog?
Another bad habit is that most people tend to randomly post lyrics all over their blog. Usually I do not know the song, hence it is fairly difficult for me to actually express interest or familiarity in the lyrics. Hence, it can be deduced that these two types of entries can hardly be deemed as entries, more like....fillers. Nothing more than snacks between proper meals.
Of course, I mean no insult to those who love putting quiz answers and lyrics all over the place. In fact, today I shall finally release my restrains and actually allow myself to blog like that for once. Why? Basically I was thinking of a theme song for our class. It must be catchy, easy to sing and actually be pleasant hearing. And must be easy to play too.
And then I found it. Oh. How beautiful sounding it is. And how nice it does apply to our class too!
"When You Say Nothing At All"
It's amazing
How you can speakRight to my heart
Without saying a word,You can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when
You don't say a thing
[CHORUS:]
The smile on your face
Lets me know
That you need me
There's a truth
In your eyes
Saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says
You'll catch me
Whenever I fall
You say it best
When you say
Nothing at all
All day longI can hear people
Talking out loud
But when you hold me near
You drown out the crowd(The crowd)
Try as they may
They can never define
What's been said
Between your
Heart and mine
[Repeat chorus twice]
(You say it best
When you sayNothing at all
You say it best
When you say
Nothing at all)
The smile on your face
The truth in your eyes
The touch of your hand
Let's me know
That you need me
[Repeat chorus]
(You say it best
When you say
Nothing at all
You say it best
When you sayNothing at all)
The smile on your face
The truth in your eyes
The touch of your hand
Let's me know
That you need me
(You say it best
When you say
Nothing at all
You say it best
When you say
Nothing at all)
END
All right all right. I admit. It may not exactly be the most fantastic choice. But still its pretty easy to play, and it sounds catchy and GOOD. And Boss sang it last time. I played it for 10 seconds last time. Ben and Chris are repeating it alot. Whats not to like about the song? It totally rules.
<< Home