Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Conclusion of PW

Today was it. The final echo to the one year's worth of hard work. Finally, we were freed from the cumbersome chains of the burden of PW. All right, maybe my group's OP wasn't too hot. The Q&A session ruined it for me especially. Simply because the cashless payment system was already simplified to a single motion of card tapping. Anyone who thinks this isn't "User-friendly" enough is obviously worse than a moron. I bet even an observant monkey will be able to utilize the Ez-link payment system effectively. But that was ok. At least the presentation was not an utter disaster.
And so after the presentation, the group was sitting in the library, frantically rushing to touch up any blemishes in our GPF. Missing minutes, last minute evaluations, the arduous art of paginating....Minute by minute passed as our file reached the state of completion. Perfection? Perhaps not. It was just what we had to offer. And so I stayed around the group, finishing up my assigned duties, helping the other group members. It was then that it struck me.

Just what exactly PW gave me.

Oh sure. Everyone rolling their eyes now to remember. One hell of a headache maybe? Days of staying up late to finish that last article evaluation? The stress of preparing for the OP? Yup. No one can deny that PW was a damned bitch to complete. We all know that. However, as I was sitting in the library, staring at that file which represented one year's worth of our work, I could not help but have mixed feelings about the situation. First, I was hit with the sheer satisfaction of completing a project of this magnitude...of hundreds of pages. Secondly, I was filled with relief that finally...FINALLY it was all over. There would be no more need to meet up after Thursdays, no more need to return to AJ on Saturdays where there is hardly a soul in school....and then of course, the unexpected reaction.

I felt a sense of loss.

The meetings mentioned above were possibly some of the most constructive and enjoyable moments I spent in the class. Finally, a channel where everyone is forced out of their cliques, to come together for discussion. In the process, much enjoyment was derived. It showed me that the individuals of the class were actually fairly enjoyable to converse with. The conversation topics always had a wide range, and everyone would have their bit of fun while finishing that one evaluation. And I was thinking, when would it be again, that the entire group would sit together and converse just like the days when we were doing PW? Perhaps never. But that's all right. Because for all the stupidity of PW, at least there were some fond memories I managed to take away.

To my group members, I salute you. You have been excellent company, and were pleasant to work with. It was my pleasure to be able to work beside you guys in finishing this monumental project. Thank you.